Thursday, July 24, 2008

Al Nujoom Islands of Sharjah enters Phase II

Al Nujoom Islands Sharjah
Al Hanoo Holding, leading property developer in Gulf has announced its venture into Phase II of the 'Al Nujoom Islands' projects in Sharjah, UAE. The Phase II includes infrastructure, apart from Phase I of construction works.

The Chairman of Al Hanoo Holdings, Sheikh Abdullah Al-Shakrah, said that the cost of Al Nujoom Islands infrastructure is estimated to be Dh.1.2bn, which includes roads and pavements, bridge construction, installation of power lines and water services. The area considered fit for construction is only 40%, while the rest 60% of the remaining project area is water and vegetation.

Al Hanoo Holdings recently organized two workshops with Emcor Services and Halcrow International for carrying out the latest developments on its project.

The project includes 13 sections, with the first three comprising main coastal ground forms, while the rest ten are islands separated by canals that are carefully designed to be the highest in relation to water circulation in canals, the movement of which depends on tidal ebb and flow movements and utilization of pre-designed schemes that doesn't cause harm to surrounding environment.

The 10 islands will be interlinked by bridges and will comprise 40 high-rise towers for commercial and residential purposes, apart from four hotels, 145 apartment buildings, two resorts, 1400 water-front and park-side villas, large commercial center including a hypermarket, five marine clubs, two entertainment centers, nine smaller commercial centers and six centers for light industries. The island will also house several schools, mosques, banks, coffee shops, stores, restaurants and a population of 40,000 residents.

The Nujoom Islands, also known as 'Stars Islands' are the largest residential, commercial and tourism development project in the Sharjah city. Covering a distance of 60mn square feet on coastal land, along shores of the Arabian Gulf, in the village of Hamriya, it is easily accessible from the Ettihad Road, and the Emirates Road.

The project will be built in three phases over a five year period, by the Saudi-based property company, Al Hanoo Holding, which is also the company behind Sharjah's Emirates Industrial City.

The project will be complete by 2010.

No comments: